Sunday, November 17, 2013

Goatheads, Meet Glass

With amazing alacrity Google shipped my Glass overnight, arriving Tuesday morning.  I've gradually been coming up to speed with them, figuring out how to fit them over my Rx glasses and control them.  Today the weather turned nice and I was brave enough to hit the bike trail with my Borg explants.



There's a lot of road noise from gravel, chains, gears shifting, and the wind, but over all, it gives you a good impression of what biking along side the Alameda Drain via the Matthew-Campbell bike path looks like at this time of year. 

Glass definitely doesn't impede vision and is not distracting (contrary to what the California Highway Patrol thinks).  As I wear them over my normal glasses, that may be affecting their angle of view--I found that they tending to have a somewhat downward center of view.  To get tree tops in view required tilting my head back noticeably.

This was my first public use of Glass outside of the office.  I zipped past another cyclist right at the corner of Campbell and the bike path at the very end of the video.  We passed so quickly that I'm pretty certain she didn't notice my Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment