Sunday, August 10, 2014

Early August Rides

The weather has cooled off a bit and that's letting me get out more in the afternoon.  Early in the month I took a ride south, but turned back short of the I-40 underpass by the river.  Rain and wind were bearing down on me.  I followed Duranes to Los Luceros and then the Duranes Acequia to Thomas Village before heading home on Matthew. 


Suffice it to say, the goatheads are making the most of the recent rains.  ABQ is coming out of its near-term drought and the Tribulus are doing well on the verge of the ditch banks.

I passed some nice side channels on this ride and Google's auto-awesome process makes them look even more inviting.  This is a downstream portion of the Duranes Acequia near Moya Rd, which leads into some heavy going.  More to explore.


1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog rather late, but I wonder where I can find a map or at least detailed information about the various ditch roads in the area you ride. I live near Coors and Montano and ride the acequia roads frequently, but I don't have an adequate overview of the road/trail system.

    Any suggestions for such a map or guide?

    And: Orange Seal! It lets me ride 360 gram (actual, on mail scale) Schwalbe 700C X 50 Furious Freds, and 175 gram (ditto) 559 X 32 Compass Elk Pass Extralights on bosque roads without flats. I used to buy 2 boxes of 100 Remas at a time.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete