Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Lobster Run

Today, after weeks of crazed busy-ness followed by two weeks of total lethargy, I grabbed the ol' lead sled and went for a peddle.  My goal:  the Maine Lobster Truck.  Today they were just 2.5 miles away on High St.


That turns out to be an easy peddle down the Matthew Ave. bike path to the east.  At 2nd St. I jogged south a half block to Claremont and followed it further east past the railroad tracks.  Then I had to turn north and go up Candelaria a short ways to reach High St. on the other side of Edith. 


On the way back, I took a quick pic with the Glass viewfinder app and got a good shot of the flood control area back of Menaul School between the bars of the gate.  Definitely would've been hit or miss without that capability.  As it was, I got a little of my helmet in the frame.
 
The Maine Street Lobster home base may not elegant, but they still crank out a mighty succulent lobster roll.  Home again, home again, jiggity jig.  Lunch, laundry, and a swim. 





No comments:

Post a Comment